The Department of Political Sciences at the University of Pisa was officially founded in September 2012. But its roots are much older.
The Department is the natural successor to the Faculty of Political Sciences, which dates back to 1970, and whose origins can be traced back still further, to a degree course within the Faculty of Law.
Overall, the Department has much in common with its predecessor, the Faculty.
The major difference is that teaching and research have now been brought under the same organizational umbrella, in conformity with government requirements.
Teaching and research have always been closely linked in the university world; indeed, it is their symbiosis which is the main defining characteristic of the academic profession and of university life in general.
EHEA First Cycle (EQF level 6)
- Politics, International Relations and Administrative Sciences: degree programme profile
- Social Sciences and Social Service: degree programme profile
EHEA Second Cycle (EQF level 7)
- Sociology and Social Policy: degree programme profile
- Business Communication and Human Resource Management: degree programme profile
- International Studies: degree programme profile
- Public Administrative Law and Territorial Policy: degree programme profile